RETRO-COMMISSIONINGRetro-commissioning can correct issues that occurred during design or construction.
Retro-commissioning is a systematic process to improve the efficiency and performance of an existing building or facility that has not undergone a commissioning process during the construction and handing over phases. It can, in many cases, resolve problems that occurred during the period of the design or construction, or rectify problems that have developed throughout the building’s life as equipment used has aged, or as building purpose has changed.
At present, complex buildings features include highly interactive systems paired with elaborate controls that can impact a building performance. EMergy’s retro-commissioning will help property owners identify the operational improvements needed to conserve energy and increase the building occupant’s comfort.
EMergy’s retro-commissioning will identify and resolve problems, including but not limited to:
- Equipment or lighting, which are on when not necessary
- Systems simultaneously functioning
- Incorrect functioning belts and valves
- Out of calibration thermostats and sensors
- Less than optimal air balancing systems
- Not working as designed economizers
- Controls sequences functioning incorrectly
- Variable-frequency drives, which operate at unnecessarily high speeds or that operate at a constant speed even though the load being served is variable